Thursday, November 29, 2007

City Rescue Mission

Justin and I were very fortunate to be part of a City Rescue Mission service tonight. We led worship for the service and were so blessed by the people there. After the service, we talked to some of the people. A guy came up to me who used to play viola and had actually made All-State orchestra when he was in high school. I let him play my violin, which he was really excited to do. It was sad though, b/c I wondered what made him get from being an all-state musician to being a homeless man. He alluded to drugs in his past, so that was probably what derailed him. But it was such a blessing to talk to him and let him play my violin. Justin let some of the guys play his guitar too, which they loved. It was just such a neat experience-hopefully we can start going there regularly. It would be fun if some time we could watch all of them lead worship!

5 comments:

Carl Zoch said...

Im sad that I was sick and not able to go tonight! Cara and I went last time and had a blast. Looking forward to the next one!

Amanda Fortney said...

i hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Josh McCullock Photography said...

That was a great time, You guys did a great job! It was cool to see how everyone stayed to talk and pray about stuff. You can tell that your music connected with people, good stuff!

Amanda Fortney said...

thanks, josh! that night really meant a lot to us.