Monday, September 3, 2007

Sweeney Todd...

...is going to be a movie!!! I'm so excited!!! I played in the pit at the Pollard when they did it and loved it. The music is by Sondheim and is really cool. Dark, but cool. It's a very disturbing story but it was one of my favorite musicals that I've ever played in. Johnny Deppy is Sweeney Todd and Helena Bonham Carter is Mrs. Lovitt. It looks really scary! I'm interested to see how they sing, b/c I heard they all had to take voice lessons so they could sing their parts. The music is really hard, so I bet that was a challenge for anyone that has no musical background. I think it comes out in December. So excited!

2 comments:

greg said...

Susan and I were going to call you about this. We went to see Stardust Sunday, and we noticed the poster. We're very excited. I suggest we fill our flasks, and all go together.

Amanda Fortney said...

good times! i think some people from the pollard might come too, so it will be extra crazy times! so you liked stardust? i've kind of wanted to see it but wasn't sure if it was any good.