Monday, August 27, 2007

So I can't have a book blog without mentioning Harry Potter




I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I really am a Harry Potter nerd. I read all of them 3 times (except for the last 2-the sixth book I read 2 1/2 times b/c the last book came out before I could finish the 6th one for the 3rd time) and I just haven't gotten a chance to read the last one again. But I will! And I'm sure I'll read them many more times throughout the rest of my life. They are that good. I think they get better each time you read them. J.K. Rowling just has a way of creating this whole other world that you get totally wrapped up in. It's a world you love full of characters you love and adventures you love.

So, for any other Harry Potter nerds out there, here are some questions (IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE LAST BOOK BUT ARE PLANNING TO, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER)

1.What did you think of Snape in the end? Did you still hate him, did you think he redeemed himself, or do you think he only partially redeemed himself since he still had so much loathing in him towards Harry?

2. Should Harry have died? Or do you think the ending was as it should have been?

3. What did you think of the epilogue? Should she have left it out or did you like how it wrapped everything up?

4. Is J.K. Rowling the greatest storyteller of our time?

4 comments:

Mike said...

I'm the one guy left on the planet who hasn't read any of the HP books.

Sorry I can't expound...

Amanda Fortney said...

you have to read them! seriously! i finally convinced justin to read them and he loves them.

jenn said...

1. i think to just use the reason snape was good was because he was in love with lily was a little bit of a stretch. he hated james just as much as he loved lily i think...and harry was both of their sons. but the fact that he did help harry at the end earned him many cool points!!

2. i liked that harry lived...maybe it would have been better "literature" if he would have died..but i don't think that J.K. Rowlings was looking to win a bunch of awards but to write a book that her fans loved. which, with some few exceptions, i think she did! :)

3. i tie this question in with the last one. J.K. Rowlings was writing for her fans..everyone wanted to know what happened. hell, i wanted to know what happened, so i'm really glad she had the epilogue. and i do think that it was left open enough to add more books later if she wants.

4. YES!!! :)

Amanda Fortney said...

i agree with all you said about snape. i liked that harry lived too. i really liked the epilogue too, but i can see some people's point that it seemed unnecessary or maybe wrapped it up too neatly. but i liked it anyway. :)